Saturday, May 24, 2008

made of honour!.. and parental controls

I just figured out what has been bugging my macbook! Just the day before, my macbook's been making a lot of noise - hard disk spinning at high speed + fans @ >6k rpm - it was pretty irritating cos of the noise and got me pretty worried for a while.. what if my hard disk dies on me during WWDC??? Furthermore, I surfed through mac forums and googled in depth - most recommended repairing disk permissions, which I did to no avail. Another suggested resetting the SMC, but I didn't really want to try that unless I had no other choice.

But all's well that ends well! I finally checked out iStat's 'processes' section (I had it turned off initially) and realised it was parental controls! I'd just enabled that the day before for a 'Strictly Work' user account - just trying it out since I could use it to block facebook.com and the like to prevent myself from wasting time online and concentrate on my work instead. But, on seeing that it took up 90%-100% (!!!) of my processing power, I promptly deleted that user account, disabled parental controls, and immediately restarted my macbook.

Voila! Problem solved and I'm happy again=)

Alright due to complaints from carol that I've been talking too much about techie stuff lately, I shall stop that geek talk for today!

Met up with carol and watched 'Made of Honour'!


Patrick Dempsey!! Totally our eye candy throughout the movie! Apart from that, conversation's pretty funny and it's really touching too! I won't deny that the eye candy made a (big) difference too=p Wahahaha=)

And after hearing that Iron Man's nice from carol, I'm starting to regret not watching!=x Oh well, no worries I guess, I'll get to watch it somehow heh=D

0 comments: